Wednesday 28 March 2012

Round Two!

It has been a while since my last update, not down to lack of activity! I have just completed another IVF cycle. I don't want this blog to be cumbersome for anyone to read from the beginning, so I don't plan to repeat things I've already experienced and blogged before.

I had my egg collection yesterday. The main difference with my protocol on this cycle was taking the growth hormone from the start. I was also switched to a higher dose of Menopur and lower dose of Gonal F a couple of days earlier. My trigger drug was Pregnyl last time, but Ovitrelle this time. I preferred it because it was in a prefilled pen!

There was a slight concern again that the follicles were small. Perhaps mine just like to put on a spurt at the end! My last scan on Sunday showed 5 follicles on LHS (one was too small) and 2 very small follicles, maybe 3 on RHS.

Egg Collection was a breeze this time. I felt completely fine. I'm a little bloated/swollen, but no pain at all. We got 8 eggs collected, which was a wonderful surprise. I was hoping for more embryos this time. 4 have fertilised (last cycle was 3). We'll find out the quality tomorrow and they will be frozen Friday. Fingers crossed for 100% survival rate !

Until tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment