Friday 25 November 2011

Aunt Flow arrives!

I joined Twitter (TCSPGD if you want to follow) to see if there was anyone else on there going through PGD & IVF. Certainly lots going through IVF, and it's like a whole new lingo, which I guess if all goes ahead as planned I will learn over time. I now know those waiting for AF are waiting for Aunt Flow (period), and people who have a BFN have a 'Big Fat Negative' (pregnancy test), and the 2WW is the 'Two Week Wait' after having embryos transplanted, before having a blood test to see if it has worked.


It's been strange wishing my period would start. Normally it's the opposite. It's not something a girl welcomes every month! I am going out tonight in London, so I was thinking how handy it would be if I could have this appointment today as I'm already travelling in. As luck would have it I was out shopping and suddenly felt that (usually unwelcome) cramping. I phoned the hospital. Unfortunately my consultant isn't in again till Tuesday. I explained that I wanted to come in but was told it would be too late in the day to send the blood off for testing. Strange, as the last appointment I had was 4pm?! When I mentioned this I was told a nurse would phone me. meanwhile I was given an appointment for Monday 11:15


No phonecall :(


I just hope Monday isn't too late. Don't want to wait another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment