Thursday 10 November 2011

Plenty of lead in his pencil !!

I called the hospital today as we hadn't heard anything. They said they wouldn't have called us unless there was a problem. I needed to speak to an embryologist if I wanted to know the results. I did just that. I wasn't expecting quite such a level of detail, a real eye opener!

Volume: 3.6 ml
Concentration: 27.3 million per ml
Motility (how many are moving): 56%
Progression (how much they are moving / speed): 2-3/4
MAR (Mixed Antiglobulin Reaction): IGA=18% IGG=11% (2 anti sperm antibodies measured, need these measurements to be low)
Morphology: 7% normal
42% head defects
51% neck defects
0% tail defects

Verdict was: Volume and concentration levels were good, motility was above average (anything over 45% is good). MAR and morphology could be slightly better but levels aren't of concern and would not affect treatment.

It's only the start, but at least it's a positive one!

No comments:

Post a Comment