Saturday 5 November 2011

Some success

Well I ended up being so nervous, mainly because I had little idea what to expect, apart from having a blood test, which is not something you'd really look forward to anyway!


We got to the unit on time, just before 4pm. We waited, there seed to be some confusion, although we gave our names when we arrived, the information had not been passed to the person who needed to know. I heard my mobile number being read out, then my bag started to vibrate. I looked up and saw the receptionist on the phone, she started to leave me a voicemail asking where my husband was as he had not turned up for his 4pm appointment!!

Hubby went off to 'produce' as they so nicely put it, so I realised as my appointment was now due, I'd be on my own. I was called soon after into a room which had what I could see was a screen from an ultrasound scan, and what looked like half a bed / stretcher. There appeared to be lots of gadgets, and something standing tall and proud and looked like something from an Anne Summers store! The internal scan turned out to be totally painless, but sadly inconclusive. Looks like I am too far into my cycle, so will have to come back next month. No blood test today.

I felt relieved, and won't have any worries about going back there next month. Hope to get results of Hubby's analysis on Monday or Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for starting your blog! I found it through a post on a TCS group on Facebook.
    My son was born with TCS last November so we might have PGD and IVF in our future. (we haven't done our genetics tests yet to see if we're carriers).
    I hope y'all have success in your treatments.

    Kelsey @ kmsieg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for telling me about your blog. I look forward to following your journey. My awareness to TCS nad PGD was raised by the documentaries featuring a man called Jono, which I'm sure you're aware of! Wishing you all the best and a happy outcome very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey, good idea to start investigating now. Only if you carry the gene would you need to go through it, but the test can take a long time. Keep me posted!

    Sarah. Hi, yes I know Jono, just virtually, we follow each other on twitter :)

    ReplyDelete