Monday 22 October 2012

Confirmation

Another blood test today and the confirmation came this evening that the hormone level has plummeted, it is now 52.

I wasn't pleased with the way the news was delivered. It was very matter of fact and as if she was just informing me of the next steps in the process. I was told "Your hCG is low, so what we want you to do is stop the drugs"  Did she realise the news she was delivering to me?!

It wasn't a surprise. I put the phone down, took a deep breath, told Hubby who gave me a hug, and then I just got on with what I was doing. The bitter disappointment I feel is hard to describe. It's not just the loss, but how much time, emotion and effort that went into it.

132 Injections, 260 Pills, 63 Pessaries, 24 blood tests, 17 internal scans !

I won't ever regret trying, but it is a lot to put in to get nothing at the end.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, i followed your journey through your blog. It was an incredibly special jouney to take with a stranger. My son has tcs and it helps to keep up to date on advances that affect all aspects that may affect his life and decisions. I was so sorry to hear it did not work out in the end for you. Do you think you will try again? I can imagine the toll it takes on you both physically and emotionally is very high. I wish you well for the future, whatever that holds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, not sure if you still check your blog but I just wanted to say I'm so grateful to have found your blog, especially as I have
    Been having the same struggle, except it's my husband who has a genetic illness with a 50% chance. I had been referred to talk to doctors about PGD as well, and I even had an appointment with Karen Fordham at one point! Luckily, I was able to get pregnant naturally, but trying to get pregnant a second time is providing extremely difficult, especially getting help with fertility like PGD- once you already have one child they don't care about you anymore, which I think is a shame because it can lead to depression and it feels horrible not feeling you can talk to anyone about it. I hope your journey was successful in the end. I'd love to send you a private message and chat to you if its ok.

    ReplyDelete