Saturday 13 October 2012

The 2ww is over

Finally, it's Saturday evening and my Two Week Wait ends tomorrow. Many women say this is the hardest part. I wasn't surprised to hear that, and now I have experienced it I can see why. It's a very emotional time and you feel so helpless just 'waiting' for your miracle to happen. The not knowing really challenges your sanity!

The Progesterone jabs in to the muscle didn't help, the sore muscle sensation lasts for days, and of course you have another shot before it has stopped hurting. This didn't help with the sleeping, because as soon as I roll over in bed, it hurts and wakes me up!

Overall I think I've done pretty well. Thursday was difficult, I felt a bit lonely. Hubby worked from home on the Friday so having someone around again made things easier. I'm not working at the moment, which physically is probably a really good thing, I must admit I have felt a bit exhausted at certain times of the day. It is a weird energy less fatigued feeling. Emotionally it would have been good to be working as I'd have to focus on something else and would have been around people more.

I have listened to a relaxing CD as I go to sleep and as I wake up, I've tried to stay as calm and relaxed as possible. I've already cut out alcohol completely and switched to decaff tea and coffee. I have eaten as I normally would, but tried to eat more fruit and never skip breakfast or lunch.

Most importantly I have tried to stay positive and believe that this can happen for me, and we can beat the odds. I have told myself I am pregnant, and hubby has given me three kisses instead of one every single time he has kissed me since we had the embryos implanted.

I have had no symptoms apart from a very slight sensation as if my period is due. That could just be because my uterus wall is really thick and full. I had a very slight queasy feeling whilst eating Friday night and then again at lunchtime today. I know the various drugs can have side effects, but seems a bit late for them to start now. As soon as I felt that slight queasiness I felt so happy as it helped my belief that this might just have worked. Overall though I feel very normal.

We have bought two home pregnancy tests. Hubby has hidden them so I don't have to struggle to fight temptation to test before tomorrow. I now feel very nervous ......

No comments:

Post a Comment