Wednesday 3 October 2012

Progesterone Check

After a very chilled day at home yesterday doing very little. Trying to be relaxed and calm (it's going to be a very long 2 weeks!), I went back to the clinic yesterday for a blood test to check Progesterone levels. Waited 1 hour 15 minutes after my appointment time before I was seen, and was in and out in about 2 minutes. Back home again straight after as I'm supposed to be taking it easy after ET.

I got a call from the hospital saying my progesterone levels were a little below 75. They would like it to be 100 (Although 75 would be the level for a normal pregnancy at this stage). I had to go back in today to collect more medication.

They have added a Progesterone tablet three times a day and another injection every other day. This one has to go into the muscle. The injection itself isn't so bad, but the ache a few hours afterwards is quite unpleasant. Feels like I have cramp! Poor husband is going to have to do this for me as injecting in the upper bum muscle is kinda hard to reach yourself!

Long needles, and yes it has to go all the way in!


I have to confess to a wobble today. It was late, I was tired, my bum was very sore, and I was struggling to get the clexane injection needle in. (They are wider, and it seems harder and more painful to penetrate the skin). There were tears. I'd had enough. A cup of tea from Hubby, and straight to bed soon sorted that. I've told myself off, and I will not do it again!

My drug regime now:




No comments:

Post a Comment