Thursday 15 December 2011

Lots of reading ... and telling the parents!

I've been reading through some of the information we were given on Tuesday. There are consent forms for various things and they are also making sure we understand any risks, and of course that at each stage or procedure the results are not guaranteed. There is information about freezing (Cryopreservation), Dummy Embryo Transfer, Assisted Zona Hatching and Blastocyst Embryo Transfer. I'm going to sit down with Hubby Saturday and go through it all.

We've now brought my parents up to date now it's all going ahead. I feel better now they know. Being so close I didn't like keeping it from them. They are very pleased, they know it's been a very long wait getting the funding, but obviously a little worried for us too. I guess we have to get the balance between being positive and hopeful, yet remain realistic and accept chances of success are quite low.

When I told Mum she mentioned she had been thinking its been a while since she'd had the chance to hold a new baby. Still a long way off Mum, but I hope we can give you that pleasure !!

We haven't told Hubbys parents yet. I will let him decide when he wants to do that. They don't know much about my TCS, and have never really asked about that or us having children so I don't think they are aware (yet!) of what we will need to do. Lucky for us all our parents are already grandparents, so there's not too much pressure there ! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment