Tuesday 6 December 2011

One step backwards, two steps forwards!

The meeting happened, and they have a plan.

Karen phoned me as promised even though it was late in her day. I'm sure it's more appealing to work late when you are giving more positive news than like the last phonecall she made to me!

They will start the IVF side of things as soon as possible, before my levels get any lower. The resulting embryos (assuming there are some) will then be frozen until the PGD test has been developed. We will have to fund this ourselves, and freezing embryos does reduce chances of success a little, but it's possibly better than to risk my Ovarian reserve being lower in a years time.

So the AMH level is still an issue, but at least we're getting a shot at it.

Feeling relieved and slightly unprepared! This bit wasn't supposed to be happening yet. No idea what to expect or what drugs are involved.

Next step is to speak to hubby, check we're happy to fund the extra (no brainer, he said as much too!) and then make an appointment to see an IVF consultant. I could start treatment on my next cycle, which would be around 23rd December.

No comments:

Post a Comment