Thursday 1 December 2011

Potentially huge setback

Just had a call from Karen Fordham. Looks like my biggest fear may have come true. I've waited so long for the funding, I might have waited too long.

My blood test results are back already. Nice of Karen to call so late in the day, it was 7:30 pm and she was still working!

Results were:

E2: 152 ... Fine
FSH: 6 ... Fine (needs to be less than 9)
AMH: 2 ... NOT fine, ideally should be 10

Seems this could be a potential show stopper. I feel a bit sick, just the injustice of it. Still, they haven't said no, yet. The biggest problem is that the PGD test takes months, possibly a year, so if my level is low now, it's likely to be even lower at treatment start time. There's a meeting next Tuesday evening, my case will be discussed then to see if there's anything can be done.

So now we wait a few days, feeling deflated, but trying not to give up hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment