Friday 20 January 2012

CD5 checking in

The third and final day of just Gonal F and Menopur. This days jabs didn't seem to go as smoothly. We did the Menopur first as that seems slight more noticable to me so we get it out of the way. This time it did hurt a little. It's only minor, but concerned me. I could feel a lump afterwards too. The Gonal F (Pen) would have been fine, but hubby forgot to pull the end of the pen out, so when he was pushing, he was pushing into me, not pushing the end of the pen in. Once I realised, we took the needle out and did it again.

Despite the slight hiccups, I still survived!  No side effects from the drugs ... Yet! I start on Cetrotide tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Hi TCS, you and hubby are doing amazing with all those injections. Unfortunetly you get more sensitive as you go along due to all the hormones in your body. Some people use use-packs to numb the area.

    Good luck with the Cetrotride I know nothing about that one.

    How is you blood work-up getting on? I hope you get some nice embryos to freeze from this cycle.

    Rianon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rianon,

    No news re Blood work-up. Not expecting to hear for quite a while yet. Didn't have as many Cetrotide as originally planned, but that got replaced with growth hormone injections! 31 jabs in total.

    I'm not sure if putting ice on my tummy will be just as uncomfortable as the needles! Eeek! #Wuss

    ReplyDelete