Friday 27 January 2012

Hormone concern

I am now on CD12 (Cycle Day 12)

Today's scan was on time! New (male) doctor who I had not seen before did the scan. He mentioned my hormone levels from the blood test yesterday. My LH is too high. I believe the LH causes ovulation. This would explain why I had to take a Cetrotide this morning as well as last night. I think the risk is if the LH level does not come down ovulation could happen and they don't want it to happen naturally.

Follicles have grown. Two are 16mm, two are 14mm and two are 10mm (let's hope those little ones catch up!) Another blood test, and wait for instructions on drug doses tonight. The original schedule would have been no Menopur and Gonal F tonight, but I think things are going for an extra day. I was asked if I had enough of the drugs for tonight, and I said I had enough to do one more dose. The instructions came via text message at 6:30pm. Gonal F 75 and Menopur 375! My response to the 'do you have enough drugs' was assuming the same dose as usual (225). I only just about have enough Menopur left! The instructions also say 'Take Cetrotide' ... Yes, but when? Just tonight, or should I take in the morning again too? Not clear at all.

My scan is booked for 10am tomorrow. I think I'll opt for not taking Cetrotide in the morning. At least if I should have taken it, I can then take it at 10am when I check. If I take it and shouldn't have, there's no going back. I did call the clinic when the text message arrived, but they were closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment