Saturday 28 January 2012

Some good news and some bad news

The good news is that my LH is back within the safe limits. The bad news is one follicle is out of the picture. It is still 10mm which means, I think, that it is empty. Either way it isn't counted, so we are left with five.

The largest is 17.5mm and I think the smallest two are 14.5mm. The doctor, Malini this time (yes, it does sound a bit like Melanie, we didn't hear wrong) told me they measure two ways, and take the average to give the overall size. Hubby took a picture of the screen while she was doing the measurements and you can see the measuring lines across the follicle.







When we then saw the nurse (Kiwi Kate today), we were told I needed to have an extra Menopur 375, Gonal F 75 and Zomacton (growth hormone) right away. Talk about pressure! I am used to being able to take my time, but I now had to do it there and then! Another blood test, and we were on our way. We'll get a call later, and it is likely I will be told to take the Pregnyl, and another dose of Cetrotide. The injections I had just done could not be done at the same time as the Pregnyl, hence doing them immediately.

I think there was some question about whether to continue, due to the low number of follicles. I am disappointed, yes, I know you only need one, but of course the lower the number at this stage, the lower the odds are of you having one at the last stage!

Its seems a lot to go through for just 5, but having done this much, I don't want to stop now.

Egg Retrieval likely to be Monday.

I think today is the first day I am feeling anxious. Not sure whether it is because egg retrieval is near ("Fear of the Unknown"), or if it is concern about the low number of follicles, or if it's excitement. Probably a mixture of all the above.

Physically I still feel fine, although my stomach is starting to get sore where I have had so many injections.

I have just had 'the phonecall' as I type this. Another Cetrotide shot today and tomorrow and I need to do the Pregnyl injection tonight (well, tomorrow morning) 1am. Egg Collection will be Monday between midday and 2pm, so I need to arrive at the hospital 10am. I will be 'put to sleep' (isn't that what you do to a sick animal?!). It is a deep drug induced sleep and I wont be aware or feel anything, but is not as deep as a general anaethetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment