Tuesday 17 January 2012

On to the next stage

When I called to make our appointment for today I was told scans need to be in the morning. I was disappointed as our injection lesson wasn't until 5pm and it meant hanging around. I mentioned this and they told me to go in for a scan at 12:45 and a nurse would explain how to do the injections. Pleased with that!

I had my scan just before 1pm. It was the same doctor who did my first (unsuccessful) scan on my first appointment. I think her name is Melanie, or similar. she said everything was fine and I could start the stimulation injections tomorrow which would be my cycle day 3 (CD3). I didn't have a blood test today.

We then waited about an hour to see a nurse to tell us our medication timetable and the doses I need to take. She also booked me in for all the scans and blood tests. (Sunday 20th, Tuesday 24th, Thurs 26th)

For now all I need to worry about is doing Gonal F and Menopur injections 225iu each starting tomorrow, after 7pm and add the Cetrotide injections on CD6 (Saturday). My next scan is Sunday and they will also do a blood test to check hormone levels. The doses may or may not be altered, depending on my reaction to the drugs.

One thing I was suprised at was when the nurse showed us the length of the needle :) Even Hubby looked suprised. He confidently reminded me how he did his part in giving our diabetic cat injections for over 2 years.

Wish me luck !!!

2 comments:

  1. Just make sure you use Pregnyl for your trigger shot and not Choragon as Choragon comes with a really long, thick and scary needle. The Pregnyl needle is similar to the Menopur needle.

    It seems we are going to have a similar protocol to yours except for the Cetrotide injections. Good luck!

    Rianon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, What are you having instead of Cetrotide?

    ReplyDelete