Thursday 26 January 2012

Human pin cushion

Today's appointment was at 12:45. I took an appointment as late as possible as I was on a course this morning. As it was I had to leave 15 minutes before the end to get there on time. Just made it! Then sat for 50 minutes waiting !! I wonder if I turn up late for appointments will I wait less ? :)

Scan and tests all done. Lynn said I have 6 follicles now (I lost one ?!) and there were two smaller ones, but they were about 10mm. The larger ones were 14mm which is much more what they need to be. Seems the growth hormone is working.

There is a chance egg collection (EC) might be Monday rather than Sunday. I asked whether they try to aim for ER at a certain time of day, and tell you when to take that final Pregnyl shot to aim for that. This is not the case, the timing is based on your cycle and follicles.

Another blood test, I'm getting the hang of this! And a scan booked for 12:15 tomorrow.

Got a phonecall at 5pm. Start Cetrotide this evening and Gonal F and Menopur to stay the same. Second dose of Zomacton to do tonight also. FOUR injections!! That's 5 needles all in one day, who'd have thought I would be choosing to do this ?! :)

I have also been told to do a Cetrotide injection in the morning, and another tomorrow night.

I think this means I am at the stage now where they want to prevent the natural ovulation. I think this is good and things are progressing OK. I am disappointed with the low follicle count, and just hoping they continue to grow.

After finishing the four injections I asked Hubby for a reward, a cup of tea. He replied "I don't think you should drink tea, it might just leak out of all of the holes!!"  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment