Saturday 21 January 2012

Purple!

I have a nice purple bruise where the Menopur jab went in. Lump has almost gone, but something was definitely different about that jab. I will ask the nurse when I have my scan tomorrow.

It's a shame as it has put hubby off giving me the injections, because he is worried about hurting me.



I did tonights injections myself. Felt quite proud of myself really, I could never have imagined doing this. The new Cetrotide one that I had to start on today has a bigger needle!! Ugh. Still, it was fine.


I read through the instructions carefully. Like the Menopur the power in the vial needs to be mixed with solution first. However, each vial is one complete shot. A new vial is mixed and used each day. the instructions for injecting suggested injecting at a 45 degree angle (not 90 as we'd been instructed by the nurse). The extra millimetres in length of the needle convinced me this 45 degree angle was the way to go! there is something more comforting feeling that you are sticking the needle along rather than straight in!! It worked, I took a deep breath and did ... it ... very ... slowly ... ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment