Tuesday 31 January 2012

Three Embryos!

I'm uncomfortable, I feel like I have period pains, along with the after effects of a stomach bug/food poisoning. You know that feeling when your stomach muscles ache because you have been throwing up so much ?!

Other than that I'm fine. No bleeding, and have taken no painkillers since leaving the clinic.

I had a call today from one of the embryologists. Three of the four eggs have fertilised! He said this was a good rate. I'm slight disappointed about the one that didn't, but so pleased to get three. I'm not sure what the chances of them surviving to Thursday when they freeze.

I also spoke to my PGD nurse, Karen Fordham this evening. It's so nice talking to her about doing this, as opposed to the years of conversations about why we still don't have funding !

I said I realised the number of embryos was low, and she said it wasn't a surprise and it was the reason for doing the IVF now, rather than waiting for the PGD workup to be complete. . She agreed we needed more and also agreed I can do another cycle straight away. I need to have a period first, and then can start again on the one after that (March).

Hubby asked me if I really want to go through it all again. I don't see not doing another cycle as an option! If I don't, it kinda puts to waste what I've done so far. I have heard the odds for PGD are 1 in 10. Meaning we need 10 embryos to get one, good quality, free from TCS embryo. (and this doesn't take freezing/thawing into account).

I will do it again, who knows, might get more embies next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment