Monday 23 January 2012

No Cetrotide

Eventually managed to speak to a nurse at 5pm. I told her I was keen to know why I had been told not to take Cetrotide from yesterday and asked if it indicated a problem. Also I mentioned that I had already stated taking it Saturday, and was concerned I had taken a dose when perhaps I shouldn't have.
The nurse said she couldn't tell me, it wasn't in my notes that I had been told not to take it! She would speak to a doctor and call back.
  
She called 15 minutes later and told me it was correct that I should not be taking Cetrotide. She said usually Cetrotide is started on CD6, but only once confirmed with the clinic after blood test and scan. I pointed out that my scan had been booked for CD7 so this would not have been possible! I feel perhaps a mistake has been made here. I was assured it won't have done any harm, and the reason you take Cetrotide is to stop ovulation. They did not feel due to my hormone levels that this was needed yet.

I found out from another (unofficial) source that taking Cetrotide too early could slow growth of the follicles.

I forgot to mention that I have now also started taking the antibiotic tablets. Seems so insignificant compared to the injections that it didn't even occur to me to mention it! Just 1 tablet a day.

Next scan is tomorrow as originally booked.

No comments:

Post a Comment